Monday, October 4, 2010

Technology Adventures and der Berliner Mauer

Well! Interesting past couple of days. Conference was awesome. The weekend was... kwatch.

My computer broke. Literally. And the hard drive is crashing. AGAIN. So I have a brand new computer! Courtesy of my daddy and my upcoming 21st birthday. (It's on Sunday! =D I'm excited)

Pretty much everything was saved, so no hard feelings? I guess? This one is a lot sturdier than that one and I've been having problems with the last one for over a year now. It's had to be reformatted twice and I needed a new hard drive just a few short months ago. I don't wanna deal with that any more. And now I don't have to!

I taught my first mini-lesson on Friday. I don't think I talked about that yet. I did it in Japanese. It was super fun! My Japanese isn't very good since I haven't taken a class in a year now, but still. I knew enough to teach a couple family members and talk incessantly for 15ish minutes haha. It was an adventure. And it made me feel SO much better about the idea of being a teacher in a couple of years. If I can handle it in Japanese, then I can definitely handle it in French, German, or English, all of which are WAY better than my Japanese.

Yesterday was Germany reunification day! And Emily and I forgot XD Oops. So we decided to post a blank "Berliner Mauer" (Berlin Wall) on our kitchen wall! We and our friends will cover it in graffiti for the next month and then, on November 9th, we will tear it down and eat Jelly Doughnuts. I'm so excited! Haha.

What else happened?

I got in a fight with my brother. We're having breakfast over here tomorrow, so hopefully we can work things out. My mom... I love her to death, but she needs to stay out of things like this. I should have known better than to ask her advice. You'd think after 21 years I would have learned, but I haven't apparently. Oh well.

Tomorrow is going to be crazy. One of those days when it's painfully evident that I'm a double major haha.

Here's the schedule:

5 - wach auf! (Get up!)
5:3o or 6 - 7:30 - WORK (for my job I mean... which means research and stuff. Thankfully in English!! Yay!)
7:30 - Breakfast with my brother
8:10 - leave to pick up Laura
8:20 - Drive to Highland
[I don't know how long our high school observation will last tomorrow so I'm leaving this time blank]
11ish? - Study and eat lunch
12-1:15 - French Civ class
BREAK (in which I study some more XD )
2-3 Writings of Isaiah class
3-4 Study
4 - TAKE FRENCH CIV EXAM
[I'm being very optimistic in hoping that it will only take an hour. Last exam was 18 questions... so yeah...]
5 - Eat dinner and take a legit break
6-when I drop dead - Study for my German exam

I'm not doing nearly as much as I should be. I got sick again today and I'm so tired... probably on account of my sickness. Anyway I should get to bed. It's getting late... and I still have to shower.

Stupid hygiene.

Once my life calms down a little I'll be more interesting haha. More pictures will be posted and my life will seem shiny once more.

Bis später.

No comments:

Post a Comment