Monday, October 18, 2010

NanoWriMo - part 2

I should be studying for my first final which is in... just over 2 hours. But I just don't have the motivation right now. So hi blog!

So, Nano story is already going under construction. I decided to take out the story "The Little Tailor." It's all fine and good, I just can't make it interesting enough. It'll probably be condensed and used as an intro.

To replace it, I came up with "The Mind of the Machine." But more on that later.

I started going through all the music I want to use as inspiration/mood setters for when I'm actually writing next month. I haven't even gone through 1/3 of the stuff on my hard drive, but it's alright. It'll give me something to do for the next couple of weeks.

Can you believe October will be over in just 2 weeks? Crazy, isn't it? Two weeks from now is November 1st! GAh!! So excited =D

I'm starting to solidify character names and basic personality outlines as well. Those are always subject to change, even while writing. It's pretty rare that I change names once I've started writing, but personality and background stuff change all over the place.

But anyway! Music!

I would LOVE to make playlists for each chapter/story section, but most of the music I use can't be found online at places like playlist.com. Amazing site, but my music taste is a little strange. So still looking in to that.

Does anyone know of a site where you can upload your own music to playlists? I don't want to make individual ones in my iTunes, though that is also an option. What do you guys do?

Here's what I have so far. It's all raw and hasn't been fine-tuned AT ALL, so many of these songs have the distinct possibility of a non-future on my list. But we'll see.

I look through the files that are sorted according to artist, so if it seems skewed in the early-alphabiet direction, that's why. I'll get to the later ones (hopefully) when I have the time. ^^;; haha.

"Lovers Scorned"
  • "If I apologised" from Mirrormask
  • "Wishing you were somehow here again" from the Phantom of the Opera
  • "I'm with you" by Avril Lavigne
  • "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne
  • "My Happy Ending" by Avril Lavigne
  • "The Scientist" by Coldplay
  • "Enchantment Passing Through" from Aida (the musical, not the opera)
  • "Radames' Letter" from Aida
  • "Goodnight Julia" from Cowboy Bebop
  • "Rain" from Cowboy Bebop
"Junkyard"
  • "Baroque" by Malice Mizer
  • "Path, vol. 2" by Apocaliptica
  • "Go" by Asia
  • "Requiem for a Dream" by Clint Mansell
  • "The City is at War" by Cobra Starship
  • "Otherworld" from Final Fantasy X
  • "Crawling in the Dark" by Hoobastank
  • "Down with the Sickness" from "Queen of the Damned"
  • "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett
  • "Epiphany" from Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • "Rakuen" from DNAngel
  • "City of Angels" by the Distillers
"Brother" or "Always Half, Never Whole"
  • "Silver and Cold" by A.F.I.
  • "Learn to be Lonely" from the Phantom of the Opera (film version)
  • "Kiss Me Goodbye" (both English and Japanese versions) by Angela Aki
  • "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" from Les Mis.
  • "Javert's Suicide" from Les Mis.
  • "Crawling in the Dark (Studio Version)" by Hoobastank
  • "Frozen Flower" from DNAngel
  • "Darkness" by Darren Hayes
  • "Mad World (Full Version)" from Donnie Darko
"Heart(h) and Home"
  • "Jinsei no merry-go-round" from "Howl's Moving Castle"
  • "Koe" by Tsukiko Amano
  • "You Showed Me" by the Backstreet Boys (yeah I know. It's a good song though, so no hatin')
  • "Wandering" from Final Fantasy X (I think...?)
  • "Caged Bird" from DNAngel
  • "Mitsumeru Saki Ni Wa" from DNAngel
"Dancer in the Street"
  • "[jibberish from non-transfered Japanese text] - Acoustic Version" from DNAngel
  • "Boku wa Koko ni Iru" from "Full Metal Alchemist"
  • "True Color" by Cyndi Lauper
  • "Blackbird" from "I Am Sam" (remake of the Beatles' song)
  • "風の辿り着く場所" from/by I Have No Freaking Clue
  • "Ave Maria" - Cowboy Bebop Version
"Curiosity"
  • "The Sore Feet Song" by Ally Kerr
  • "Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely" by The Backstreet Boys
  • "I'm Still Here (Jim's Theme)" from "Treasure Planet," written and performed by Jonny Resnick
  • "Flying Teapot" from Cowboy Bebop
  • "Yagami Light's Song" from DeathNote
"Serenity/1000 words/Simon Says (Nothing)"
  • "Shape of my Heart" by the Backstreet Boys
  • "Sayonara Solitaire" from Chrno Crusade
  • "Castle on a Cloud" from Les Mis
  • "Always Know Where You Are" from Treasure Planet, performed by 98 Degrees(??)
  • "Green Bird" from Cowboy Bebop
  • "Flying Teapot" from Cowboy Bebop
"Asylum"
  • "Uninvited" by Alanis Morissette
  • "Misera Cantare" by A.F.I.
  • "Sekai no Yakusoku" from... uh....?
  • "Introduction (Titles)" from "Edward Scissorhands," written by Danny Elfman
  • "Darkness" by Darren Hayes
  • "Opening Titles including Underground" from "Labyrinth," written and performed by David Bowie
  • "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
  • "Suffering Planet (remix)" from Final Fantasy 7 (originally)
"The Creator"
  • "I Know He Lives" by April Meservy
  • "Clocks" by Coldplay
  • "Don't Give Up" by Eagle Eye Cherry
  • "Concerning Hobbits" from "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"
  • "Higher" by Creed
  • "If You're Not the One" by Daniel Bedingfield
"The Mind of the Machine"
  • "Easy as Life" from Aida
  • "The Alchemic World - Two Years Thereafter" from "Conqueror of Shamballa," a sequel film for Full Metal Alchemist
  • "Caged Bird" from DNAngel
  • "Let Me Be Your Wings" from Thumbellina
Generic Music That Has No Specific Category but that Seems Useful in Some Way or Another:
  • Same acoustic version as "Dancer in the Street"
  • "Prelude 12/21" by A.F.I.
  • "La Chanson d'Azmaria" from Chrno Crusade
  • "Zanarkand" from Final Fantasy X
  • "The Sending" from Final Fantasy X
  • "One Day More" from Les Mis
  • "Finale" from Les Mis
  • "Music of my Heart" from "Music of the Heart," performed by N*SYNC with Gloria Estefon
  • "Not One of Us" from "The Lion King II: Simba's Pride"
  • "Heaven (Candlelight Remix)" by DJ Sammy and Yaonu
WOW That's a TON of music. This almost seems like spam haha. But there's so much music!!! It's insane.

I love this haha.

Ok. Procrastination over. Must study. Test at 9 and I have to leave in just over an hour. Yay!!

Wish me luck =3

No comments:

Post a Comment