Thursday, October 28, 2010

Exhausted

I'm writing this very late at night. Well, for me at least.

Lots of things have been going on lately for a lot of the people in my life.

My brother's girlfriend is gone. Yesterday was their 9 month anniversary and also the day he took her to the missionary training center. She's just down the street and he can't even see her.

I don't know what's going on with David, my almost-brother, but something is up. I asked him what was going on and he was thinking of a response. Or so he said. In actuality, he fell asleep with his head on my kitchen table.

Emily is losing a lot of wonderful people for a lot of different reasons. She's going through a rough time and the school work is piling up.

There are more but it doesn't really matter.

Right now, I want to do everything I can for everyone. I want to be there for everyone! But it's just not possible. I really hate that. I want to be there for my friends, but I'm already behind in school and at work. Work doesn't really matter so much, but I won't get paid any if I don't work. -sigh- It doesn't really matter, but I don't want to slack off at my job just because my boss doesn't care all that much how many hours I work each week.

At the same time, my dad is now pushing me in the direction of Law School. He thinks I should try international business or law. It sounds appealing to me, I have to admit. I wanted to go to law school when I was younger, which was then replaced by the desire to go to medical school. The want to be a forensic scientist fazed in a out as the years went by. The thought of being a teacher has always been there, but it's had its shining moments and its moments of neglect.

There's a lot on my mind, but I'm surprisingly calm. Two projects due before too long and they're very time-consuming. Almost boring. I know the material for the most part and just have to get it all out and in the proper language. I have SO much work to do and very little energy to do it all WITH.

My responsibilities are pulling me in several different directions. I don't like having to choose between two good and important things. For instance, I missed the fireside (devotional) tonight because Carson came over and we ate dinner together. Family v. spiritual responsibilities. Tough decision for me to make.

Anyway I'm really tired. Thank goodness for caffeine or I never would have survived this late. I was planning on working until midnight when I can sign up for classes for next semester, but it didn't end up happening. David is rather distracting.

I just want everyone to be happy. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment