Friday, October 29, 2010

School Nazis

I'm totally skipping German today. Oops. I didn't get nearly enough work done yesterday and I had to stay up WAY too late. So I slept in and now I'm going to work through German class. I should be leaving... now actually haha. To get there on time I mean. But I'm not going.

I love German, don't get me wrong. It's the language closest to my heart even though it's the 4th one I've attempted to learn. (Japanese hardly counts on that front... I usually count German as my 3rd language.) I wish I were better at it, but to get better one of the things I SHOULD do is go to class. But it's so STRESSFUL!!!

I can't even say how many times I've wanted to call my professor a Nazi like I and many others in this country call their teachers. I guess it's an American thing because it's not exactly funny... just descriptive in something of a hyperbolic (that's actually a word?!?!) way. But I can't do that with this specific professor. Why? Cause he was in Germany during the war. And he was like... 10? when it started. His father was on one side of the wall and he and his family were on the other. Not funny.

BUT GRAH!!! What else do I call him??? T.T We're apparently really uncreative.

All tough teacher references I've EVER heard involve communists, dictators, and Nazis. WHAT ELSE IS THERE?!?! There are SOOOOO many words in the world!! Why can't we come up with something better?? Or different that I can use??

Anyway. I'm not going because I'm not prepared because I had other obligations. I'm behind in EVERYTHING because I'm human and need sleep and food and stuff. And going unprepared is stressful beyond imagining. I WANT to go, but the class is so small and he likes calling me. We've known one another for a while so he usually calls on me or one of the other kids who went to Berlin. (He was the program director, did I say that yet? No? Ok. Well he was.)

I really do love him. He's awesome. But he's a REALLY rough teacher to have. My room mate is in his medieval German class and she says it's ridiculous there too. At least German is HER primary major. It's not mine and my experience of it (or really lack thereof) is putting me in a SEVERELY difficult position. I'm already behind and I don't know how it's even possible for me to catch up. So I get discouraged. And then I don't go to class. Vicious cycle, ne?

Anyway I need to get to work. Need to finish my French project today. I only have until the 12th (I think) for my Isaiah project and I have almost nothing on it so far. My French project is just a matter of compiling all the information I already have and making it look pretty. Oh and flourishing it all up with references. Official ones haha.

This weekend is going to be long. Tomorrow night I get to go to Maddie's halloween party and Sunday is my day off. Whoo... I can do this. Not even 36 hours. Go team!!!


P.S. Dad told me he's buying me a car. o.O Awesome? yes. Oh and starting me on a budget.

And that he wants me to go to Law School for international law or business. Which sounds cool to me. But yeah.... that's gonna take some thought. I hate nothing more than entrance exams, but it'd be worth it in the long run, no?

I think I mentioned this before... who knows. Last post was written during moments of utter exhaustion. So yeah.... doesn't count for much.

David was hard to wake up and kick out of my kitchen ^^;;; At least I got in to all the classes I wanted. CLASSES THREE DAYS A WEEK FTW!!! \o/ I'm excited haha.

Ok done now. Bye! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment