Sunday, October 17, 2010

Consideration of the... month?

Originally I was going to have a "consideration of the week" and, as the name implies, change it every week or so.

That was about a month ago. Whoops.

Here's my first one since I don't have it copied down anywhere.

""[Teachers] can explain that the students will not be expected to comprehend every word [of the language being taught], but should strive to understand the general meaning of what the teacher says, much as they would do if they were sojourners in a country in which the target language is spoken."

- Blair E. Bateman, 2008

Student teachers and new instructors often feel intimidated by the students and feel they should slack up a bit in the use of the target language. I believe this is not the case, and this quotation is one of many ways to avoid such an outcome.

(My first thought was to say "to avoid such tomfoolery," but that seemed a little facetious.)"

Now... for my next one? I'm not sure. So much considering!!

Oh... I know... >:3 Eevil smile mwahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment