Sunday, September 19, 2010

Whoops

So I haven't really been working on this much. It happens. So I'm just gonna catch up now lol.

Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn’t have.

Hm... Well, I have this really bad habit of picking at my nails and nail-beds. It's not a good thing. It tears up my hands and looks terrible. I don't generally do it if I'm wearing nail polish, but people look at me funny when I have black nails and it's the only color I can stand for more than a couple days. Oh well. Decisions decisions.

Day 05- A picture of somewhere you've been to.


This was a LOT longer ago than I thought. I believe we went there in 2004 or 2005. So not a very recent trip, but I'm sure everyone I know is tired of hearing about Europe haha. That was the only time I have ever been to Asia, but it was amazing. I love Japan. I love the language, the people, the music, the culture... everything. I only wish I had the time and opportunity to study it more. This is, specifically, a picture of Kinkakuji (the Golden Shrine) in Kyoto. I personally loved Tokyo better since I'm more of a city girl, but Kyoto is, perhaps, the most beautiful place I have ever been (and, believe it or not, THAT is saying something). It was absolutely amazing.

Day 06- Favorite super hero and why.


Hm... Favorite super hero? I'm assuming this is talking about typical DC comics (or similar) type super hero and not just an amazing protagonist (because in that case it would probably be Kurosaki Ichigo haha). But, if we're going that direction, I'd have to say Batman. And the why... I liked him because he wasn't typical. He was the spoiled rich kid that was doing - quite literally - all he could do to help his city. I found the premise believable (unlike Superman because Krypton just doesn't exist and never could have - at least not in my mind). And, beneath it all, he's human. He can be killed, he can stop any time he wants to... but he doesn't. Take off the mask and he's Bruce Wayne. Batman was his alter-ego, not Bruce. For most heros it's the other way around. I've always liked that about him. And he's not perfect. He makes mistakes. It always seems like other heros are "perfect." Thrown out Robin, and Batman's amazing.

Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you.



This is Carolyn. From the moment I met her, she was my best friend. Really. We met... (we keep trying to remember and it never really works) almost 7 years ago, I think. We never lived very close to one another back in Pittsburgh, but out west (where we are now), up until last week we were a 10 minute drive away from one another. No matter how long we go without seeing one another, things never change. She introduced me to the world of anime and cosplay, which changed my life. It brought me new friends and, strangely enough, a larger view of the world as a whole. And it encouraged me to learn to sew, which I'm quite good at now. She understands the things no one else does. She even came out west, in great part, because I was here. I've never had a friend love me as much as she does and I don't know what I would do without her. She's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment