Sunday, September 19, 2010

Wedding Dress Dream

Last night, in my fever-induced delusions, I decided I wanted to make Yuna's Wedding Dress. I wouldn't make it for myself, but for Carolyn. In my mind, she'll always be Yuna haha. I'm more of a Rikku girl myself. But anyway. Not the point. As of yet, I have neither a sewing machine or a dress form. But I'll work on that.

I already started planning how I'll sew it. I was taught to always use patterns, but I don't want to. Not for this. This I want to do on my own. And it's gonna take me a long time, especially because I'm always in school. Plus I share my apartment with 3 other people and it's small as it is. But none of that matters because now I'm determined. And I told Carolyn, who is all too excited haha. I mean, who wouldn't be?

I refuse to look at other people's takes on it. I want it to be as accurate as possible. I won't refuse advise or anything, but I want to do this myself. So, pixilated as they may be, here are some links to various screen shots of the dress.

Picture 1 (side view)

Picture 2 (front view)

Colleague 1 (various)

I have more, but I won't spam you with them haha. But anyway, yes, that is my next big sewing project. It might take me a year to finish it, but I'm ok with that haha. I just want it to be done and done well. I'm excited. =) I'll update with any progress that is made... including when/if I get a sewing machine haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment