Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Office

I don't think I said it yet here, but this year, I have access to an office! Yay! It isn't mine per se, but my boss (whose office it actually IS) is only here twice a week haha. So basically I get to use it whenever I want to. Yay! It's not very big, but Stefinee has a table in here that's basically empty, so I tend to take it over when I come. Yay almost-desk! It's SO nice to be able to leave books and things here and not have to carry them to and from school every day. My back/shoulders appreciate it haha.

Last year I had a locker on campus but I didn't really use it. It was out of the way of pretty much everything. This is kinda out of the way as well, but at least I can sit down and work once I get here. The only downside is that it doesn't have a computer so I have to bring mine when/if I need one (which I nearly always do) or come and get my things and then go to the library. It wouldn't be so bad, but I haven't been feeling well and I hardly ever find the motivation to go to the library. Here I can take off my shoes, play music, kick back, spread out and just relax. I don't feel pressure to do anything, so I can work much better. It makes me happy.

Basically, this was a blessing and a half. I really needed a change of scene. I used to work in the Family History center in the library. I have friends that work there and it's a good environment, but I think I needed this. I'm grateful for it either way. ♥

Speaking of work, though... better get on that hahaha. But before I go, here's a webcam shot of the office (like I said, not very big haha).


I would have taken a picture of my work space, but I don't have a camera with me and seeing it without the computer is a little lacking haha. The chair in the bottom left corner is the one I sit in. The table is in the corner of the room. Not too big, but it's a good size. Yay!!

As for the "Asian" peace signs... I used to have an emphasis in Japanese. Don't judge me =P Maybe one day I'll go back to it. Who knows?

Anyway I'm stalling. Back to the grind!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment